11:49 PM

Strawberry Reservoir 5-20-2010



One of my clients had pushed me over the edge and even though there was a lot to get done, if I didn't get out and get away for a little bit, I was going to have a nervous breakdown. I had heard that the fishing at Strawberry was starting to pick up, so we gave it a shot. I called Mark and he brought a buddy and we planned an early morning trip. We got there bright and early to try and be the first on the water. One other boat was there before us but not that far ahead. We tried trolling a little to see if we could find the fish. We had a bite or two but nothing significant. So we went across the lake (which takes about 30 minutes because we are using a 1978 6hp Johnson motor that doesn't really like to go fast. I am not complaining just giving you a little background. Thank you Dad for letting me use the boat...). Once we got to the other side we pulled in our lines and started to cast to shore... bam... I caught one right off of a point and we start to get a few fish. We coast around a corner and start to get cold again. The wind picks up so we go to get some cover from the wind on another side of the lake. We hit the jackpot. Almost every other cast we were catching fish, watching fish come all the way to the boat, watching the fish jump out of the water after our lures and just flat out killing it. One of the guys we had with us needed us to go so we decided to make one more stop on our way back to the dock. This is a spot where I had seen a buddy of mine catch and lose one of the larger fish I have seen on this lake. So, as we get there, we start to catch a couple of little ones and then a monster just misses Mark's lure... I know this is one of those old fashioned fish stories but I wouldn't doubt that fish was at least 6-8 pounds. We'll have to go back and try again to see if we can put a picture to the legend. Maybe by that time he'll be 9 or 10 pounds. Awesome day and I'd like to get back there soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment