11:20 PM

Deer Creek Reservoir 5-3-2010



The weather had gotten a bit warmer and the ice had started to melt on the lakes. As the ice melts, the combination is normally pretty good for fishing. They come out, they are hungry and will eat anything in their way. This wasn't the case on our trip to Deer Creek. Let me give you a background on Deer Creek. If you look back at my previous posts, I give a little picture history of some of the favorite places that I have fished. You will notice that Deer Creek Reservoir is not one of them. This is because every time I go there, something bad happens. This trip was no exception to the rule. We got there and the wind was blowing some pretty big white caps along the water so as we go to launch the boat, Mark's job was to keep the boat from pounding against the dock. As he was fulfilling his responsibility and I get out from parking the truck, I look over to see Mark screaming and stomping his feet. Come to find out, as he was bent over to keep the boat from hitting the dock, his cell phone fell out of his pocket and into the water. However, his chap stick which fell out of that same pocket landed on the dock safely. We decided that the offering of Mark's cellphone to the lake should provide us a little competitive edge and nothing. The wind didn't stop until we took the boat in to go home and we ended up with only a few fish. Not worth the sacrifice and I'd rather go fish a stream than go to Deer Creek Reservoir again... Any pointers about how I can have a better experience at the lake would be greatly appreciated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment