11:30 PM

Nebo Creek 5-16-2010



One of my favorite things to do is to get the family together, pack up some food and go into the mountains where our cellphones don't work, there's hardly any radio signals and we just get to spend some time as a family. I had been working very hard for the last few weeks and had only seen my family for a couple of hours during the week so it was time to have a family day out away from home. We packed up our lunches, brought a couple of fishing poles and just drove. We ended up at Nebo Creek which is a cool little path. Our goal was to get the highest point in the trail and have our lunch. Along the way, my daughter Allison, wanted to catch a fish. So every now and then, we'd stop the truck and catch ourselves a fish. In almost every hole that we stopped, we would catch a fish and then have a couple chances at catching one more. None of the fish were very big but the time with my family and away from everything going on in the world was awesome. As we continued up the path, we came across a car who lost his tire... the tire fell in the river and I am pretty sure that car will be sitting there today. Overall, this was one of my favorite trips because it was with my family, and they got to share a little in the fun and peace that fishing brings to me. As much as I love fishing, there's nothing that replaces the love that I have for my family. I am just fortunate that they put up with my passion for the sport and seem to enjoy coming along for the ride.

1 comments:

Anonymous said... @ May 28, 2010 at 5:18 PM

I love it!!! Thanks for taking a day off so we could spend some time together!

Post a Comment